Friday, September 16, 2011

Autumn at the studio

Summer finally feels over, the studio is getting a wee bit colder, but visitor number are up. Tomorrow we start a fortnight of "made in North Somerset celebrations, so are hoping it will raise even more, This is a big marketing campaign to get people to look at what they can buy locally , which I think it is fantastic. I was too late to be included in any demonstration or do anything special but I will be in my studio the one extra day painting for all to see.

Well thats if I can get any inspiration, which has been sorely lacking this week. I have been beavering away but I am just not production anything good. This is probably for a few reasons but I think the main one has been that Mr WD had been away. I haven't been sleeping too well and my diet has gone for a burton, I have been on a giant sugar overload. Mr WD hasn't really got a sweet tooth but while he was way I had loads of sweet stuff. So on a sugar high I haven't been able to concentrate . So I am back on a more sensible eating routine and hopefully be producing some decent work again. Opps daft aren't I.

I am happy to say that my workshops are getting filled up and that I had a private lesson at the weekend that was brilliant. I have so many ideas for more workshops, but I need to get them down on paper and see if they will work. I will also be putting in another card order next week so hopefully will have some more choices available soon.

Next Friday the 23rd, then we are having a 40th anniversary celebration at the centre. I am looking forward to it as there will be a mural painted onsite by Bristol artist Damien Jeffery and I am a bit of a fan of his dark brooding seascapes. Check out his website http://www.damienjeffery.co.uk/ to see the wonderful murals he does.
Everyone is invited so if you are in the area why not pop by between 7pm and 9pm we would love to see you.


1 comment:

  1. I am so pleased to hear that your workshops are picking up:) The two celebrations sound great too!!!! hope you get your mojo/inspiration back soon, Isn't it strange how diet can effect us so much!

    ReplyDelete