And immediately agreed to take on a larger studio at the same place. Yay!!!!
OMG panic has now set in, I had contemplated it a little while ago, when I knew the bigger studio would be coming available, but thought it was to soon to move and so had decided to forget it. But life is never good at following plans and circumstances pushed the idea at me again. So after much deliberation and money working out then I decided, to just go for it.
Don't get me wrong I love my little studio and my new one is not as pretty and is not in such a good place at the centre, but the advantages I think outweigh the disadvantages,
The new studio is huge, it gives me space to run my workshops inhouse, rather than having to rent the teaching room, which was less than ideal. It has an inside toilet and also a storage and kitchen area. It also means I can run workshops as and when I want and get some regular groups going. I also have loads of ideas, including renting wall space and running mini exhibitions, but I need to look realistically how they would work.
Of course I am worried about the extra money, my costs would effectively double. but Mr WD put it all in to perspective for me, and we agreed it would be stupid not to give it a go. I could potentially earn a good income from it, if it works. But the loss if I failed could be managed, as long as we keep to an agreed time scale to assess if it is worth continuing.
I am very, very excited at the prospect of what I can achieve in my new studio but also a little sad, my little studio has been a joy and I will be sorry to leave it.