Saturday, November 12, 2011

Dida

Can I introduce you to Dida..
I am so pleased to be able to show you one of the commissions I have been working on. It was a real joy to do. I believe this is a Christmas present for a sister who has adopted this little elephant, who had fallen down a drain.
I had loads of pictures to choose from and she was so beautiful I thought it would be great to combine a few images together. So this is the finished result. I had great feedback so am very happy and am quite sad to see her go. She has been a bit of a talking point in my studio of a few weeks while in progress.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Janice, the painting is even better in real life, I am thrilled with it, knowing the story behind Dida makes it even more special, my sister will probably cry! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how fantastic.

    From someone who is just trying to learn to draw and paint I will be watching your entries more closely. (please do NOT read my next post, LOL)

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete