Sunday, June 27, 2010

Garden Goodies

I love this time of year...........
This weekend with my home grown goodies I have made starwberry Pavlova yum yum.........
Strawberry and lavender sorbet was my next treat. My lovely children bought me an ice cream maker a few birthdays ago I try not to use it to often, as I would eat ice cream all the time, but now I am experimenting with sorbets, I sort of hope they are better for me...........
















Then I picked the Black currants, and made black currant cordial, it should have filled the bottle but unfortunately it didn't, not quite sure why but it is yummy, not as sweet as shop bought but nevertheless good.
As I also picked other goodies from my garden , The Mange Tout or sugar snaps are best eaten fresh. I like to use them in stir fry's but they are lovely as a dipping veg especially with caramalised onion humous.

Strawberries and other bits were then made into a summer fruit jam. I was worried it wouldn't set as it had lots of strawberries in that are low in pectin so sometimes doesn't always work. Luckily I think I had enough gooseberries, redcurrants and lemon juice to add that brought it together and it has set very nicely.

I also picked some lavender and am trying to do some lavender rattles, but that's another tale..........


1 comment:

  1. Love the sound of the strawberry and lavender sorbet - I'd love to have a go at that if you fancy sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete