Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Design process

I played with some copper wire pieces, I curled a few pieces and put them together arranging them on the table until they made some sense, then I soldered them together.
I then photographed it using my phone and e-mailed it to myself. I don't know why but I always see it better in a photo rather than in real life !! So then I printed out a few copies and started to draw over them to start to make it flow better. I started to realise it needed more curves especially to get rid of the straight top so it would curve around the neck with more elegance.

The it was just drawing and redrawing the shapes until I got to what I think will be a finished piece. I suppose the next step is to go back to the copper and make a maquette and see if it works
Hopefully eventually it will be made in silver with a nice stone set in the middle circle.....watch this space

No comments:

Post a Comment