Thursday, September 23, 2010

Silver jewellery course week 2

I was a bit disappointed this week, we were told to bring in a ring design and we would start making a silver ring. Not a chance! only 3 of us had designs and Ian our tutor spent most of the night talking to other people about what they might like to do.

We did cut a disk out and then made them into domes using a mould and punches, the frustrating thing is we only had 4 benches and piercing saws, so I had to wait 20 minutes to cut the disk out, that is a lot of waiting in only a 2 hour session. He briefly spoke about, how I might make my ring, he also melted a bit of silver wire to show us how it made a ball.


I decided on one of the swan designs, so while he was with other people I decided to have a go at cutting out the swan shape in copper to see what happen. I am quite pleased with the result and hopefully next week I can start making something and perhaps start working with actual Silver.





1 comment:

  1. How irritating! Hopefully they will get themselves organised for next week.

    Good luck with the swan design :-)

    Sam x

    ReplyDelete