Friday, January 25, 2013

A week of ups and downs

This week was one of those funny weeks where something have been fabulous and some not so fabulous.

Lets get the bad out of the way.

In a word SNOW......



The snow came down Friday and I didn't get back into my Studio until Wednesday,  The worst of it was that I had to cancel my Saturday morning teaching session and I had a new lady coming. I really hate letting people down,  but even worse when they have never actually met you.  But I think she appreciated I had cancelled for the students safety.  We are rather remote and a bit difficult to get to in the worst of the weather conditions.

But also it added to my frustration with painting.  I am teaching 4 sessions a week now, not including extra workshops ( it is fantastic that I am in demand), but it means my actual painting time is getting very limited.  I had started a painting that I was really, really into .... and I had planned to try and finish it Saturday afternoon, once my morning students had gone, but I had to wait until Wednesday.

I am pleased though as I still managed to finish it this week and for once I am dead chuffed with it, as it came out just about how I wanted it to.



It a bit big for me if I remember right the canvas is 60cm x 60cm  but I will have to double check.  Also its been sometime since I did an acrylic painting,  but I am really enjoying it at the moment.

I have moved onto the next one in the series,  this one would you believe is going to be seaweed


Also... Gosh hasn't it been a busy week.  I have done a little acrylic sketch.  It came out to a free drawing I did with one of my students and I decided to move it on.  I have no idea where it will go from here but I know its not finished....so watch this space.


As far as the teaching goes then,  I am happy I have filled my new Tuesdays beginners course,  I still have a few places left on the Saturday afternoon one starting the 16th Feb. So if you know anyone who may be interested can you please send them in the direction of my website

http://www.wellydog.co.uk/workshops.html


One of my students is working on a mural with several of the people she helps care for, so it has been interesting,  discussing possibilities and helping her to understand the advantages and limitations of working in a group.


On a personal level then I also finished the cardigan I have been knitting,  check out my previous blog if you want to have a nosey
http://wellydog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/35-48.html

See you all next week and lets hope for no more snow

Janice x



1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this - it's interesting to see how you combine so many different facets into your artistic life. I love the starfish and look forward to seeing the seaweed!

    ReplyDelete