Thursday, August 23, 2012

Before and after

We are unfortunately having to sort out my Dads flat as he has gone into a nursing home.  I never expected to be sorting everything out before he died  but it has to be done.  I am upset that some of the furniture is going to have to be destroyed as most charities and home clearance wont take it as its just far to big and time has run out for us.
So I am rescuing anything I think I can use.  This is am old ottoman that I always remember being in my parents house and I am pretty sure my Mum had covered it once already, as the green material it was covered in I also remember being curtains.  I thought it would be useful for storage.


So I spray painted it in black and covered it with a piece of material that I was given by a friend,  it really didn't take to long just a few hours ( not including drying time)  I am pleased with how it came out and it is now in my spare room.

I also have a new admiration for anyone who upholsters as the upholstery tacks were a nightmare.  Not only to get straight and at the same level but also the dam things kept bending and the top would come off Grrr  Its a good job I bought  a pack of 50!!!

5 comments:

  1. The ottoman looks amazing with a new lease of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great, I love the fabric you've used :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you've done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel for you having to sort out your Dad's belongings.

    The ottoman looks fab though, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful renovation job, well done! I love the fabric you have chosen.

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete