Wednesday, May 28, 2014

What no Painting


Its been a busy few weeks,  I have managed two trips to Cornwall for inspiration, a 30th Birthday celebration and a bit of wedding planning events ( hair trial etc) for my lovely daughter who is getting married in just under 6 weeks. and a lots of leather work and glass painting.

Below are a few examples of some of the work. The glass was for a Show at the National Trust House Tyntesfield in Bristol last weekend.  I added my bit onto the stall of Wight and Wight ( Glass workers at Clevedon Craft Centre) .  I demonstrated Traditional glass painting techniques to a few hundred people over 2 days.  It was hard work but also a lot of fun and very rewarding.












The leather is for The Blue room in Nailsea.  I have been exhibiting work their for the last month.  I'm not really sure how its going,  but I guess only time will tell. She asked for things suitable for father day,  Ok so I know the hair slides are not really suitable but I wanted to try my new dyes out.


Although I am enjoying doing these bits and pieces I am frustrated at not painting.  I had such a lot of inspiration in Cornwall I just want to get back to painting.  I am ever so slightly annoyed with myself that I committed myself to so much as a distraction and it has slightly taken over.  

I did do some painting as I have painted the Pet portrait for the lady who won the competition I ran on my Facebook page a few weeks ago.  Hopefully that should arrive with the lady in question today and then I will be able to show you 

........and of course my top secret project,  I really can't tell you anything about it, not even a hint,  but all will be reviled later on.  Don't get to excited its not anything life changing.

So no more distractions back to painting it has to be!...........  but first I have to do a bit of delivering and visiting,  next week,  I promise myself,  next week!!!

Wish me luck,  I am going to need it,  I am my own worst enemy !!!


Janice x

No comments:

Post a Comment